Thank you for
your interest in working with our fantastic team at the South Australian
For information on how to apply for a role with us, have a look at the help sheet.
Our current positions are listed below.
Back to top
Associated Events Coordinator
With sights firmly set on the strategic potential of $8b in tourism expenditure by 2020, the South Australian Tourism Commission (SATC) is an organisation that will play a key role in the state’s economic future with tourism having been identified as one of the future growth sectors for the South Australian economy. With a diverse workforce of just over 100 staff, SATC operates in a fairly flat organisational structure that enables it to be nimble and agile.
A rare opportunity has arisen for an Associated Events Coordinator for a two year contract. The role contributes to the successful staging of a major event that generates tourism activity and provides business opportunities that create community spirit and pride, and profiles the State to our key national and international target markets.
The Associated Event Coordinator will take a strong focus on the implementation of Associated Events for the Santos Tour Down Under (TDU), but will also be required to assist across all Events South Australia events and business development units.
Main Responsibilities include:
- First point of contact for the Associated Events program for Santos Tour Down Under
- Coordination of promotional activities and trade shows in relation to the Breakaway series
- Coordination and liaison with providers in relation to Santos Tour Down Under products (Ladies on Tour, Coach Transfers, Club Tour, etc)
- Development and coordination of registrations system and reporting for the Breakaway series
- Contract Management and liaison for all aspects of the Breakaway series (Challenge Tour, Mini Tour, Family Days)
- Selection, training and supervision of industry placement students
- Coordination and liaison with trade/ tour specialists
Applications are invited from contemporary, versatile, enthusiastic and well organised Event professionals with previous experience in a mid-level Events support role. A positive and professional approach, an ability to build and maintain effective working relationships, excellent interpersonal qualities, good written communication skills, excellent attention to detail, initiative, intelligence, warmth, good humour and the ability to multi-task will all be essential requirements.
Enquiries can be directed to HR on 8463 4513.
Applications detailing your suitability for the role can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm Monday March 27, 2017.