Thank you for
your interest in working with our fantastic team at the South Australian
For information on how to apply for a role with us, have a look at the help sheet.
Available positions are listed below.
Back to top
With sights firmly set on the strategic potential of $8b in tourism expenditure by 2020, the South Australian Tourism Commission (SATC) is an organisation that will play a key role in the state’s economic future with tourism having been identified as one of the future growth sectors for the South Australian economy. With a diverse workforce of just over 100 staff, SATC operates in a relatively flat organisational structure that enables it to be nimble and agile.
The Procurement Consultant is responsible for providing project management for the procurement of goods, services and construction activities for the South Australian Tourism Commission (SATC) in consultation with SATC staff members. The provision of advice; drafting, reviewing and assisting with management of contracts; and evaluation and reporting in relation to SATC’s contract and procurement matters are also key responsibilities for this role.
Reporting to the Manager, Commercial and Contracts, this role is responsible for:
- Project management of goods, services and construction procurement projects
- Assist with all aspects of the procurement function including administering and coordinating procurement processes at all levels.
- Providing advice and assistance to business unit staff on procurement and contracting processes.
- Ensure the SATC maintains compliance to the State Procurement Board requirements.
- Assist with negotiation, drafting and monitoring SATC’s contracts in consultation with other SATC staff members.
- Work closely and engage with SATC contract managers to ensure that regular monitoring and reporting on service provider delivery and compliance with contract criteria is adhered to, including quality of service delivery and financial accountability in line with contract and legislative requirements.
- Assist with contract management in consultation with SATC staff members.
- Assist SATC staff members in negotiating with service providers regarding changes to contract arrangements.
Excellent communication skills and experience explaining complex concepts to others will be highly regarded, as will the ability to demonstrate the delivery of high level customer service to internal clients.
The role will be offered as a two (2) year contract and subject to six (6) months’ probation and participation in regular performance reviews. A salary commensurate with experience plus superannuation will be offered.
Enquiries and applications are to be directed to Jessica Mason at the South Australian Tourism Commission via firstname.lastname@example.org or on 8463 4513.
Applications close: 9am, 12 June 2017
The South Australian Tourism Commission is an equal opportunity employer, and candidates with an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background are encouraged to apply.