Products listed on ATDW must provide a direct service or experience to leisure tourists travelling in South Australia. Please note: Wholesalers, Inbound Tour Operators (ITO) and purely web-based businesses are ineligible.
Accommodation products include properties offering accommodation to leisure tourists. Accommodation must be bookable on a nightly, weekly, mid-week or weekend basis. If a property has more than one location (physical address), there must be one listing for each location.
Eligible accommodation properties must operate in one of the following categories:
• Backpackers and Hostels
• Bed and Breakfasts
• Cabins and Cottages
• Farm Stay
• Holiday Houses
• Retreats and Lodges
• Wilderness Safari Retreats
• Self Contained
• Caravan and Camping
Tourist attractions are a particular place or area of interest to leisure tourists. They:
• Have a distinct boundary
• Offer a unique, distinct experience
• Are open most days of the year and have regular opening hours
• Can be free to enter or have an admission fee.
Attractions also include restaurants and retail outlets appropriate for leisure tourists.
Eligible attractions must operate in one of following categories:
• Aboriginal and Torres Strait
• Amusement and Theme Parks
• Attractions suited to children
• Classes, Lessons and Workshops
• Dining and Eating Out
• Farming, Food and Produce
• Galleries, Museums and Collections
• Historical Sites and Heritage Locations
• Landmarks and Buildings
• Mining and Industry
• Natural Attractions
• National Parks and Reserves
• Observatories and Planetariums
• Parks and Gardens
• Scenic Drives and Walks
• Spas and Retreats
• Sports and Recreation Facilities
• Wineries, Vineyards and Breweries
• Zoos, Sanctuaries, Aquariums and Wildlife Parks
Tour products must provide leisure tourists with an experience of significant appeal. One listing includes all of an operator’s tours. Tours must either originate in South Australia or include significant time spent in South Australia.
Eligible tours include regular, organised excursions with scheduled departures, personal guides or hosts and commentary. Tours may vary in duration from less than one day to one day or longer.
Eligible tour companies must offer tours in at least one of the following categories:
• Full Day
• Half Day or less
Events must be relevant to leisure tourists and appeal to interstate visitors. They must have a start and end date. Please note: business events are ineligible.
Eligible events must operate in one of the following categories:
• Classes, Lessons and Workshops
• Exhibitions and Shows
• Festivals and Celebrations
• Sporting Events
Hire companies must provide products or services for leisure tourists. They must also be available for a specific period of hire. Please note: hire operators offering products or services relating to party hire, wedding hire, catering, business hire or the like are ineligible.
Eligible hire companies must operate in one of the following categories:
• Campervans and Motorhomes
• Four Wheel Drives
• Minibuses and Coaches
Back to top
This category includes independent restaurateurs, pubs, cafés and bars with dining facilities for leisure tourists. Businesses can be licensed or unlicensed. A wide range of cuisine types are acceptable.