Tourism industry regional development grants
23 October 2012
The fund will provide $48.5 million over four years for improvements to existing regional tourism infrastructure as well as for innovative tourism projects.
The program provides grants up to $250,000 in matched funding for improvement projects including, but not limited to:
- Accommodation upgrades including both fixed and non-fixed items;
- Upgrades to attractions or supporting accommodation facilities; *Restoration or conversion of historical product;
- Implementation of new technology and online booking systems;
- Feasibility studies and consultant fees including historians, interior designers, landscape architects;
- Unique exhibitions, attractions or festivals hosted in regional Australia;
- Training or workforce development programs.
Eligible applications are welcome from all regions of South Australia, including Adelaide. For accommodation providers, no upper limit has been set on the number of applications which can be submitted, each property application will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Further details on the TIRF program are here (including eligibility and assessment criteria).
Public Relations Unit
Telephone +61 8 8463 4500
Read the Previous news article
Read the Next news article
Back to top