South Australian Tourism Reports
The latest fact-sheets and snapshots of tourism in South Australia, including:
International Visitors to South Australia
The latest report of international visitors to South Australia.
Top points from the report:
- International Visitors to South Australia have grown by 9.6 per cent to a record high 430,000.
- International Visitor Nights have increased by 7.0 per cent to 9.9 million, above the national growth rate of 3.8 per cent.
- International Visitor Expenditure has grown to a record $970 million up 19 per cent and above the national growth rate of 12 per cent.
- Our top international markets all had good visitor growth with the United Kingdom up 5.1 per cent, China up 20 per cent and the United States of America up 49 per cent.
- These markets have also seen expenditure growth with the United Kingdom up 21 per cent, China up 31 per cent and the United States of America up 68 per cent.
Domestic Visitors to South Australia
The latest report of domestic visitors to/within SA.
See the Summary report:
At a glance
at a glance - year ending March 2016
This fact sheet includes top level information which provides a snapshot of South Australia's position in the market.
Visits to regions
Visits to regions
This fact sheet provides overnight visitor numbers and visitor nights to South Australian regions.
Survey of Tourist Accommodation
The Survey of Tourist Accommodation by the Australian Bureau of Statistics includes data for Australian hotels, motels and serviced apartments with 15 rooms or more. This snapshot includes latest data on supply, demand, occupancy rates and takings.
Tourism's economic impact
Economic Benefit of the South Australian Tourism Industry 2014-15
This fact sheet provides estimates of the contribution of tourism to the economy based on the Tourism Satellite Account for South Australia.
About the research sources
Frequently asked questions
This fact sheet provides information about the sources of the statistics, how data is collected, what information is available and the impact of sampling variability.
Back to top
State of the Industry
State of the Industry - Infographic
This year’s State of the Industry report provides a series of highlights on each of the sectors that contribute to Australia’s tourism industry. The report reviews the record performance of the industry in 2014–15 and analyses key supply-side metrics. It also measures progress towards the industry’s Tourism 2020 —a national strategy to grow the tourism industry.
Tourism Research Australia: